S.O.S e – Voice For Justice – e-news weekly
Spreading the light of humanity & freedom
Editor: Nagaraja.M.R.. Vol.08..Issue.44……..03/11/2012
REAL STORY OF Late DHIRUBHAI AMBANI of Reliance Industries
Editorial : RELIANCE INDUSTRIES LIMITED – WHERE IS ACCOUNTABILITY?
Dear mukesh & anil ambani,
The reliance industries has always got a favourable treatment from the state & central governments.there are allegations that ,
1.years ago, the central government gave import concessions for import of certain raw materials of textile sector ,which hugely benefitted the P.F.Y & TEXTILE projects of your’s ie reliance industries.
2.the O.N.G.C which has painstakingly surveyed the oil & gas reserves & prepared a list of lists,gave that list & you got godavari basin oil & gas project from the government .O.N.G.C could have developed it & earned millions.
3.few months back you were charged both by the government & cellular operators (GSM) that you are giving S.T.D & ROAMING FACILITIES to your reliance phone subscribers.your’s was only a W.L.L. they even claimed that you are misusing a legal loophole & causing crores of losses to the government & other GSM operators. however while the issue was before the T.R.A.I, the trai legalized your actions by announcing unified licence for telecom operators.
4.now you are charged by the government of re-routing ISD CALLS as local calls,thereby causing crores of losses to the government & BSNL.this time also you may get the reprieve from the government. the government ,if a commonman does not pay his electric bills in time slaps interest & cuts down the electric supply immediately. however the same government ,even if your company has been alleged of causing crores of rupees losses to the government & other players, always enacts favourable laws for you like a SANTA CLAUS.
WILL YOU PLEASE CLARIFY mr.mukesh ambani & mr.anil ambani?
the TRAI announced unified licence regime in haste that too with retrospective effects.so all the charges against reliance were dropped. in the same vein as unified licence got retrospective effect , why not the government re-imburse the differece amount out of hefty fees collected from other cellular operators ? take the reliance fees as bench mark.anyway , finally commonman is the looser. Jai Hind. Vande Mataram.
Kejriwal trains his guns on Reliance Industries Limited ( RIL ), wants gas pact cancelled
Kejriwal attributes Jaipal’s ouster to his refusal to carry out Mukesh Ambani’s diktat
India Against Corruption on Wednesday launched a scathing attack on the NDA government as well as the Manmohan Singh government for protecting the interests of corporates, especially Reliance Industries Limited (RIL). It demanded that the government’s contract with RIL be scrapped as the Mukesh Ambani’s company allegedly cut down on production from its KG D6 gas- field to gain huge profits after the proposed gas price revision.
Linking the shifting of Jaipal Reddy from the Petroleum and Natural Gas Ministry to his refusal to follow RIL’s diktat to revise the price before the scheduled deadline of April 2014, IAC leader Arvind Kejriwal said Mr. Reddy was shunted out as he refused to bow to RIL, arguing that a price revision would fetch the company an additional profit of Rs. 43,000 crore.
“Mr. Reddy had prepared a note for the Empowered Group of Ministers (EGoM), in which he mentioned that acceptance of RIL’s demand would mean an additional profit of Rs. 43, 000 crore [to the company]. Most of this gas is used in power and fertilizer production. Increasing the gas price would mean an additional financial burden of Rs. 53,000 crore on the Central and State governments. This would in turn mean higher power and fertilizer prices… or a higher subsidy burden on the taxpayer,” Mr. Kejriwal said in his third expose, after targeting Congress president Sonia Gandhi’s son-in-law Robert Vadra and BJP president Nitin Gadkari.
Mr. Kejriwal, who addressed journalists, along with Supreme Court lawyer Prashant Bhushan, said that in 2006, it was Mani Shankar Aiyar who got the axe and Murli Deora was brought in to allow RIL to increase capex from $2.39 billion to $8.8 billion and to increase the gas price from $2.43 per Million Metric British Thermal Units (mmBtu) to $4.2 mmBtu. “We demand that the contract with RIL for the KG D6 be scrapped immediately and the state-run companies like ONGC be given the block for future production. The government should immediately put in place adequate systems to get full production from the KG D6 at the cheapest prices for the country and its people.”
Mr. Kejriwal said that under RIL’s contract, the company was supposed to sell gas at $4.2 per mmBtu until March 2014. But midway, the company wanted the price increased to $14.2 per mmBtu.
Mr. Kejriwal and Mr. Bhushan alleged that to pressure the government to revise the gas price, RIL had substantially reduced production for over the past one year. The total consumption in the country stood at 156 Million Metric Standard Cubic Metre Per Day (mmscmd). RIL was supposed to produce 80 mmscmd from 2009. However, it was turning out just 27 mmscmd. “Production was being artificially kept low to blackmail the government. They are not just hoarding gas but also forcing various consumers to buy gas from abroad. Gas from abroad costs $13 per mmBtu, and if RIL’s demand for increasing the gas price is accepted, it will lead to the shutdown of several gas-based power plants and an increase in power and fertilizer prices. It will result in Rs. 43,000 crore of additional benefits to RIL.”
Mr. Kejriwal said the drastic reduction in gas production forced many gas-based power plants to shut down or run with a reduced capacity. “Today, power from a gas-based power plant costs Rs. 3 a Kwh (Kilowatt hour). If the gas price is increased from $4.2 to $14.2 as demanded by RIL, power rates will go up to Rs. 7 a Kwh. “We urge the people of this country not to allow the government to pass the huge benefit to RIL and [to] flood the Petroleum Ministry and its new Minister, Veerappa Moily, with RTIs [Right to Information questions] … so that he does not dare to undertake any revision. We should not allow this government, which changes Ministers at the instance of Mr. Ambani, to work at the direction of RIL.”
Mr. Kejriwal played the clippings of tapes, involving conversations between corporate lobbyist Niira Radia and Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s son-in-law Rajnan Bhattacharya. “First, the NDA regime favoured RIL in the structuring of the deal in 2000, and various modifications were made thereafter.” Citing the CAG’s report on the KG D6, he alleged that the motivated structuring of the contract could cost the exchequer up to Rs. 1 lakh crore.
He said RIL had signed a contract with state-run NTPC in 2004 to supply gas for its power plants at $2.34 per mmBtu. However, the company backed out of the deal, and the matter was in court. “UPA I or UPA II did not deem it fit to vigorously take up the case of NTPC against RIL, but worked in a proactive manner to get the price revised for RIL gas. The EGoM, headed by the then Finance Minister, Pranab Mukherjee, revised the gas price to $4.2 per mmBTU, and by doing so, it gave RIL an undue benefit of Rs. 8,000 crore.
‘Role of Vaiko, Karunanidhi in Rajiv assassination not probed’
The chief investigating officer of the Rajiv Gandhi assassination case, K Ragothaman, has alleged that the then DMK leader Vaiko, as a prosecution witness, turned hostile and escaped the charge for perjury at the behest of the former SIT chief D R Karthikeyan.
In his book ‘Conspiracy to kill Rajiv Gandhi – from CBI files’, Ragothaman said that during the investigation more than 500 video cassettes were seized, including a cassette titled ‘In tigers cave’ revealing Vaiko’s clandestine visit to the LTTE area in Jaffna.
“He was speaking vulgarly about Rajiv Gandhi and spitting venom on Rajiv. It is also found that he met Pottu Amman when he was introduced to him by Prabhakaran. Vaiko was not questioned on this. Also, he was made witness to speak about his conversation with Prabhakaran while he was kept in the Ashoka Hotel, prior to signing of Indo-Sri Lanka accord,” Ragothaman wrote.
During the trial, Vaiko refused to admit voice on a video clip of a meeting secured by investigators, in which, he is heard saying that he told Prabhakaran over the intercom in Ashoka Hotel that ‘Rajiv Gandhi stabbed him in the back and the proposed accord was not the solution for achieving Tamil Eelam.’ Soon after the meeting between Prabhakaran and Rajiv Gandhi, on the Indo-Sri Lanka accord, Vaiko had a talk with Prabhakaran on intercom.
Ragothaman has also dragged DMK patriarch Karunanidhi, who abruptly cancelled his meeting at Sriperumbudur on May 21, 1991, to the centre of controversy. Ragothaman wrote, “When I had collected the evidence about the cancellation of the meeting and brought to the notice of the chief of SIT to question the DMK leader on that issue, I was told that part of investigation was done by him and that DGP Rangasamy had requested the DMK leader to cancel the meeting. Also, I was chided by SIT chief asking me not to create such issues as I had done in Rasheed Murder case.”
Speaking to the ‘Express’, Ragothaman said that he opposed Vaiko as witness and told SIT chief that he appears to be a suspect.
“SIT chief Karthikeyan told me there was not sufficient evidence against Vaiko. Also, starting point of our investigation should have been cancellation of Karunanidhi’s trip to Sriperumbudur, but Karthikeyan did not allow probe into it,” Ragothaman said.
Karthikeyan, hailed as one of the most relentless investigators, vehemently refuted the charges authored by his own team member.
“He is flogging the dead horse. No way can anybody question the integrity of an investigation and nothing remains to be done. All the aspects were explored by the 40-member team 20 years ago and SIT had received words of appreciation from two judicial commissions on record. The Supreme Court placed on record appreciation for my leadership,” Karthikeyan told Express.
SDPI demands re-opening of probe into Rajiv Gandhi’s assassination case
Bhopal: The Social Democratic Party of India, (SDPI), has demanded the re-opening of the probe into former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi’s assassination case after 21 years following a sensational disclosure that a crucial video of the assassination was suppressed by the then IB (Intelligence Bureau) Chief and now West Bengal Governor M. K. Narayanan.
SDPI national president Mr. E. Abubacker in a statement said that the allegation is serious. “If there such a video as claimed by the investigating officer, then it warrants another probe. The matter should be looked into,” said, Mr. Abubacker.
Mr. Abubacker said that it is learnt that when news-hounds tracked Mr. Narayanan, who is now in Melbourne on a visit, reportedly avoided direct question but at the same time there was no denial. Narayanan claims all evidence is already present with the investigating agency.
The statement stated that the chief investigating officer of the Rajiv Gandhi assassination case, K. Ragothaman in his just-published book, “Conspiracy to kill Rajiv Gandhi – From CBI files”, has claimed that the tape, which had been taken from the videographer by IB the day after Rajiv Gandhi had been blown by Dhanu on May 21, 1991, was never shared with the Special Investigation Team, (SIT), in the investigation of the assassination. In the book Ragothaman said that although a “preliminary enquiry” had been conducted in connection with the missing video, Narayanan had been “allowed to go scot-free” by the SIT chief D. R. Karthikeyan.
Similarly, the statement said that Adv. S. Doraisamy, who pleaded for Nalini, one of those convicted in the Rajiv Gandhi assassination case, has written a book, claiming to unravel the mysteries and nail the bungling by the SIT chief Karthikeyan. The soon-to-be published book, tentatively titled “Mysteries and Secrets Behind the Rajiv Gandhi Murder”, alleges a larger conspiracy.
SDPI chief wondered that a nation’s leader is assassinated and even that has to be suppressed. “So much for freedom of speech and expression and national security. Dig deeper, you will get to know beyond LTTE in Rajiv’s assassination. There are too many loop holes, convenient decisions taken in finishing Rajiv’s case in order to frame LTTE and put a full stop. Many facts were not properly investigated. Many issues were suppressed, as the book says, by Narayanan and Karthikeyan. Rajiv Gandhi was killed not only by the Lankan Tamils but also allegedly by some Congressmen,” he added.
He pointed out that the alleged manipulation, according to Ragothaman, was meant to erase video evidence of the kind of people Dhanu had interacted with at the venue, thereby sparing embarrassment to the Congress party in the middle of the 1991 Lok Sabha elections. The author asked: Would Narayanan have dared “to damage the goal of the Congress party, irrespective of his personal affiliation to Rajiv Gandhi’s family?” As such Narayanan’s connections are of doubtful nature and can be probed into to unravel the truth.
He said that Adv. Doraisamy, who reportedly in an interview remarked: “I have the evidence to prove that Rajiv Gandhi murder was an inside job. But the SIT headed by then Inspector General of Police Karthikeyan never pushed the investigation in the right direction”, requires a serious attention and should not be wished away.
Mr. Abubacker said that in view of the revelations made in the two books the unpleasant facts should not be swept under the carpet but thoroughly investigated to unmask the real conspirators and the culprits so that the people at large know the faces who eliminated the former Prime Minister for their vested interests.
Following the assassination of Rajiv Gandhi mysterious forces like P. V. Narsimha Rao took the top slot of Indian administration. Since Rao’s era India’s cooperation with Israel has increased manifolds at the cost of struggling Palestinian’s woes. The influence of the United States of America also increased on the Indian administration, he added.
Rajiv Assasination – Unanswered questions
Rajiv Gandhi assasination – leaves many unanswered questions – Unsolved puzzles. For whom did Rajiv Gandhi got assisinated ? Sudhangan raised various questions which didn’t get answers till 2009. Here are those questions that are unanswered:
1) On 21 -May-1991 Rajiv gandhi started from Delhi for election campaign and reached Chennai through the route Orissa and Andra Pradesh. How did he accepted that midnight meeting at Sriperambuthur which was not in the agenda of TamilNadu Congress committe. ?
2) Is there any plan made somewhere to bring Rajiv Gandhi to Sriperambathur some how ?
3) The Security official Mr O.P.Sagar was there with Rajiv Gandhi when he campaigned at Bhubaneshwar and Vishakapattinam. But he didnt come to chennai along with Rajiv. Why ?
4) Bulgarian television journalists came along with Rajiv during his visits to record his campaigns. They were with Rajiv in Orissa and Andha Predesh but didnt come for the next meeting. They stayed in a luxary hotel at Vishakapatinam along with their special flight pilot. In that case why did they came ?
5) When Rajiv was about to start, there was a problem in the flight. So he went back to circuit house from the airport. After the problem in flight got fixed, the chief minister of Andha Pradesh Mr.VijayaBhaskar Reddy informed Rajiv to get back to airport and Rajiv went to airport. During this time the two Bulgerian journalists took the security official Sagar along in their car and arrived at airport late. So the security official could not go along with Rajiv gandhi. Why did such an experienced security official was made not to travel with Rajiv ?
6) The security official of Rajiv at chennai P.C.Gupta was waiting at chennai airport for Rajiv. P.C.Gupts is suppose to get the gun from Sagar who was expected along with Rajiv. Since Sagar has not come along with Rajiv, P.C.Gupta was made to go with Rajiv without gun. Is there any intenton behind this ?
7) When Rajiv started from Meenambakkam, two ladies claiming as journalists got inside his car at Ramavaram. Did their identities verified ? Why did the special investigation branch didnt enquire on them ?
8) Who are the Bulgarian journalists ? Where did they went ?
9) Who are those two lady journalists ? Where did they went ?
10) Those two lady journalists interviewed Rajiv Gandhi. But TamilNadu political party people, Tha. Pandiyan and Maragatham Chandrasekar were telling they didnt know what Rajiv spoke with the journalists. What are the hiding ?
11) Just one hour before his murder, Rajiv told it was CIA that killed the pakistan president Zia-ul-Haq. Why shoud he tell that ? What made him to tell that ? Did he know if there is some plan like that against him ?
12) July-1991 – The central home minister S.P.Chawan made a statement that apart from LTTE there are other international organizations and powerful external forces involved in the background of Rajiv’s murder. Who are they referred here ?
13) Why didn’t the special investination branch enquire on the above home minister’s statement ?
14) During the gulf war India helped fueling US aircrafts. Rajiv gandhi seriously condemmed this help which was done by primie minister Mr Chandrasekar during that time. Why didnt the special investigation branch enquire on CIA’s hands on this murder, as US was not happy with Rajiv for the above reason ?
15) Palestinian National Authority president, Mr. Yasser Arafat informed to the indian prime minister during the time Mr .Chandrasekar that ‘Rajiv Gandhi’s life is under threat’. From where did Arafat got this information ? Who is threatening Rajiv ? Why did special investigation branch didnt enquire on this ?
16) Arafat could have got this information if the assasination was planned at western Europe or middle eastern countries. Why is this not probed ?
17) Maragatham Chandrasekar came to attend that meeting with Rajiv Gandhi. Her daughter, Latha Priyakumar came with her husband and advocate Mahendran from Arakonam. But it was unknown from where did her son Lalith Chandrasekar and his wife Vinothini came from. Though it is known that Vinothini is daughter of Jayavarthane from Sri Lanka, they didn’t enquire on her. Infact they didnt enquire their family who was there at the meeting. why ?
18) Sivarasan’s mother and Vinothini’s father are sinhalas from Sri Lanka who were present at the incident. It is possible that they were sent by Sri Lankan president Premadasa as messangers. Premadasa is not happy with Rajiv on sending the Indian peace keeping force (IPKF) to Sri Lanka. Why was the investigation not done in that angle ? ( Also we should note here a Sinhala Sri Lankan army person hit Rajiv Gandhi with a gun during his visit to Sri Lanka )
19) Both LTTE and Sri Lanka hate Rajiv gandhi as he is the reaon for sending Indian peace keeping force (IPKF) to Sri Lanka. Advocate Mr Chandrasekar challenged special investigation branch that, if they could prove Vinothini and her family are innocent then those who did the crime will accept it on their own. But the special investination didnt accept his challence and not enquired those who is related on this. why ?
20) Kamini Disanayaka, Athulath Muthali, Wickramasinghe are prominant politicians in Sri Lanka. When all those people are murdered president Premadasa was pointed. Why did’t the investigation didnt happen in this angle ?
21) Why dont Sivarasan, Dhanu and Subha did this murder due to pressure from external forces. Just because they are Tamils from yarlpanam, did the investigators linked them with LTTE and closed the case ?
22) What is the strong evidence that links LTTE and its head Prabhakaran to Rajiv’s assasination case. ?
23) What is the proof that Srivarasan spoke to Prabhakaran thro a radio. Why is this not an assumption ?
24) It is very much possible that politicians within the congress could have considered Rajiv Gandhi is blocking their development within the party and could have hired some group to assasinate Rajiv. This motivation cannot be denied.
25) Various international business people specifically those selling weapons would have been in contact with Rajiv as a prime minister. They could have hired the assasinators to do this murder. Did investigators probed this ?
26) What if Sri Lanka did this, thinking India might send the Indian peace keeping force again to their country and didnt like a strong leader emerging from India ?
27) CIA always had interest in erradicating leaders in all third world countries. Did the same kind of interest got applied on Rajiv ?
28) Rajiv Gandhi is the only leader who prevents the other prominant political party in India BJP to get into power. It is possible that the indian parties like BJP and RSS could have used the ‘Hindu favourable’ LTTE and Sri Lankan tamils to do this assasination.
29) When other major Congress party members in Tamilnadu like Vazhapaadi and Moopanar didnt take interest in getting Rajiv to this meeting, Maragatham Chandrasekar traveled to Delhi and forced Rajiv to come for this meeting at Sriperambuthur. Is that without her knowledge she become one reason for Rajiv’s murder ?
30 ) Who is Pottu Amaan ? Is there a person like that ? LTTE says there was a senior person by name Amaan who died war and the only person there is Pottu. How did the special investigation branch stamped someone who is not alive as second criminal in this case ?
31) There are many parallels between the murder of Padmanabha and that of Rajiv Gandhi. Padmanabha’s murder was investigaed by TamilNadu queue branch police and Rajiv Gandhi’s murder was investigated by special investigation branch. Both the investigators are telling the murder was planned at Yarlpanam, Sri Lanka. Sivaraasan was identified as the prime criminal in both the Padmanabha’s case as well as Rajiv’ case. Prabhakaran was considered criminal in Rajiv’s assasination case bur was not in Padmanabha’s case. How come ? It shows adding Prabhakaran’s name came out of political decision rather than that came out from investigations. It is clearly an effort taken by special investigation branch to to give life to their case intentionally.
32) A famous Sri Lankan tamil poet Kasi. Anandan met Rajiv at the airport. What message did he got from Prabhakaran to Rajiv gandhi ? If Prabhakaran seeked Rajiv’s help in the freedom struggle of Tamil Eelam through Kasi Anandan, why would Prabhakaran murder Rajiv Gandhi ?
33) Prabhakaran knows it is from India and TamilNadu that he can get support and sympathy. Did Prabhakaran done such a foollish activity by killing Rajiv, to loose all the support of Indians and also get the organization banned ?
34) Latha Kannan stopped Rajiv and read a poetry for him. That enabled Dhanu, a suside bomber standing next to her, to burst the bomb. Why is her name is not included in the criminals list ? Dhanu used only Latha kannan to get inside. When HariBabu who got killed in the blast got included in the criminal’s list why not Latha Kannan ? Why is special investigation branch showing softness towards congress members ?
35) Before getting to SriPambuthur, Rajiv spoke at two roadside gatherings. Vazhapaadi Ramamurthy, the TamilNadu congress leader was with him in those two places. But at Sri Perambuthur meeting he was standing very far from Rajiv. Why so ?
36) Many innocent people and security personnels died along with Rajiv Gandhi. But nothing happened to any of the congress party members not even minor injury. How ?
37) It was believed that Latha Kumar who brought Sivarasan, Dhanu and Subha to SriPerambuthur. She took them specifically to ladies section and told Latha Kannan to take care of them. But Latha Kumar’s name is not in the criminal’s list. Why ?
38) How can we say Prabhakaran is involved just based on an old photograph of Sivarasan with Prabhakaran ?
39) Why is it not possible that Sivarasan, Dhanu and Subha are expelled from LTTE and they have been hired by western, European, Middle East or India as professional assasinators.
40) Ranganathan confessed that it was based on request by Margret Alva that he gave his house at Bangalore for rent to Sivarasan. Did they enquired how far this is true ?
41) Is there any investigation done on involvement of Chandra Swami, Subramanyam Swamy , Chandrasekar and arms business person Kasoki in this murder ?
42) What kind of benifit LTTE get by murdering Rajiv Gandhi ? Did super powers like US helped them by arms through CIA ?
43) Why do we need CBI & Special Investigation branch which find few people they prefer to get the reports ?
Unless all these confusions are clarified, the real culprit will be hiding behind some powerful forces.
Continue reading at NowPublic.com: Rajiv Assasination – Unanswered questions | NowPublic News Coverage http://www.nowpublic.com/world/rajiv-assasination-unanswered-questions#ixzz2Ayg9VI74
People at the helm are protecting Rajiv murder accused’
Former Central Bureau of Investigation’s former chief investigating officer K Ragothaman has claimed in a recently published book — Conspiracy to kill Rajiv: From CBI files – that a lot of facts pertaining to the former prime minister’s assassination were either suppressed, or were studiously ignored.
Ragothamam writes that there were attempts made to protect the Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam from being called the conspirators behind Rajiv’s killing. In this interview with rediff.com’s Vicky Nanjappa, Ragothaman speaks about the conspiracy and the hurdles that were faced in a probe in which many aspects were hushed up.
How has your book been received?
That is too early to tell. It is just out, but is under debate. Let us wait and watch.
You write that Dravida Munetra Kazhagam chief M Karunanidhi’s [ Images ] scheduled public meeting in Sriperumbudur on May 21, 1991, the day Rajiv was killed, was abruptly cancelled.
Karunanidhi was to address a meeting at 6’O clock that evening, two hours before Rajiv’s meeting. The police had made all arrangements. Then there was a telegram from the Anna Arivalyam postal office jurisdiction that the meeting was cancelled.
I probed the sender of that telegram. I was told to ask Karunanidhi about the same. However, I could not investigate him directly. Later, I was told by my superiors that the matter was being looked into, and I should remain quiet.
I was also told that it was a director general of police, Rangaswamy, who had advised that the meeting be cancelled. However, when I looked at the Rangaswamy affidavit, it read that he had ordered as much police force as possible in view of this meeting.
I also attended the Jain commission inquiry in which Karunanidhi was examined. He had said then that it was the then governor, Bhishma Narayan Singh, who had told him to cancel the meeting. Look at the contradictions.
Who according to you was the one who advised cancellation of the Karunanidhi meeting?
Probably it was Marumalarchi Dravida Munetra Kazhagam leader Vaiko who telephoned and sought cancellation of the meeting. The telephone records needed to be examined, but it was never done.
Why do you think Vaiko tried to stop Karunanidhi?
After Rajiv’s assassination, many DMK workers were attacked, their offices burnt. If Karunanidhi had gone there, he would have been in trouble and there would have been an onslaught. Hence, they were trying to protect him.
Does this mean even Karunanidhi was part of the plot?
No, that is not what I meant. Karunanidhi is not a killer. He wanted a democratic solution to the problem and this was never liked by slain LTTE [ Images ] chief Prabhakaran.
You accuse Vaiko of having a hand in this entire issue.
Vaiko was the one who spoke vehemently against the Indo-Jaffna accord. Vaiko said at that time he was first an LTTE, then a Tamilian and then an Indian. At the time of the accord, Prabhakaran was brought down to New Delhi [ Images ] and was put up at the Hotel Ashoka.
Vaiko sought to meet him, but he was not allowed to do so. He conversed with Prabhakaran on the intercom, during which the latter told him, “Anna, this Rajiv has betrayed me. I feel like committing suicide as he is sealing my fate. But I cannot kill myself as I need to fight for my people.”
Vaiko wrote a book later in which he mentions that Prabakaran had thought of committing suicide.
Tell us more, sir…
When Vaiko had gone to Sri Lanka [ Images ], we had secured a videotape titled Inside a Tiger’s Cave which has him on tape. There he spoke everything that was anti-Rajiv. It appeared that he was more against Rajiv than Prabakaran himself. This was also a point noted during our investigation.
Then there is also a meeting in which Vaiko says that Rajiv won’t go back alive from Tamil Nadu. He, however, retracted that statement. During the investigation, we questioned one Chinna who is on death row.
He said that in one of the hideouts, Sivarasan (the prime accused in the assassination) held talks with one Srinivas Ayya and said that after the successful completion of the mission, they should ensure that Vaiko becomes the chief minister of Tamil Nadu.
Why was the evidence not used then?
This is a question that I have been asking. We had so much evidence, but surprisingly Vaiko was roped in as prosecution witness number 250 in the Terrorist and Disruptive Activities court.
During the trial, he denied speaking all of which was on video with Prabhakaran. The video was played out. He claimed that it was him in the video but the voice was not his. It was sent for examination and the voice too was confirmed, but till date there is no perjury case against him.
You have alleged that even the Intelligence Bureau and the Research and Analysis Wing tried to cover up LTTE’s role?
After the assassination, Chandrashekhar, the then prime minister, convened a meeting in which even Janata Party president Subramanian Swamy (then minister of commerce and industry) was present. The then IB chief, MK Narayanan, and RAW boss, GS Bajpai, were also present.
Swamy said that it was obvious that the LTTE was responsible. Bajpai retorted that it was not the LTTE. The meeting was adjourned. Meanwhile, the CBI director had gone to Colombo for the investigation.
They were called back and rushed to Delhi for the meeting. During the meeting, it was again asked why a trip was made to Colombo and did that mean it was preconceived that it was the LTTE which was behind the assassination.
Bajpai once again opposed this. He even quoted one Kittu to be his source. Kittu, incidentally, was Prabhakaran’s right hand man. An LTTE man could never have been a RAW mole and even Dr Swamy had termed this as absurd.
What are your allegations against Narayanan?
A video taken at the meeting on that ill-fated day in which there were images of Dhanu was never made available to the CBI. The assassination team was waiting for nearly two hours in a sterile area. The original video reached Narayanan.
The government had decided to conduct an investigation in this regard and this case was registered with the Special Investigating Team and the CBI. However, it was buried. My question is, why no action has been taken for suppressing evidence.
It was being said that Dhanu had barged into the meeting, but this video clearly shows that they were waiting for a long time. We probed this case risking our own lives and it does upset me that people sitting at the helm of affairs are protecting the accused.
Do you think the loopholes will be rectified now?
Let us see.
Covering up Late PM Rajiv Gandhi Assassination conspiracy & BOFORS SCAM
The CBI & GOI is more interested in favoring accused persons , Quattrochi & closing BOFORS Case than punishing the guilty.
The GOI & investigating authorities have failed to punish the real master minds behind the Late Prime minister Shri . Rajiv Gandhi assassination case .
When a responsible Indian citizen volunteered to appear before the supreme court of india as an amicus curie , to give certain information before the court relating to this assassination , he was not at all permitted. Instead he was threatened , attempts made to murder him , his news paper was closed , his jobs were illegally snatched away , police & investigating agencies repeatedly grilled him , THE PURPOSE IS TO SILENCE THAT PERSON . The Police failed to act upon his complaints. The Supreme Court of India Failed to admit his PIL Petitions. ALL TO COVER UP THE POWERS THAT BE .
who are covering-up late p.m. rajiv gandhi assassination case? who are those conspirators? who are trying to silence me?
My sufferings began hand in hand with my crusade. I have raised various issues of social concern from time to time at the appropriate levels, one of those is LATE P.M. RAJIV GANDHI ASASSINATION CASE. where-in only the tools of the conspirator’s were punished where as the conspirators are roaming free. i have raised this topic of inequity , travesty of justice and sought a fair, proper enquiry& trial , at various forums. but to no avail.
the conspirators were disturbed by this and tried to silence me by threatening me, physically assaulting me and even made attempts to murder me. they prevented me from appearing before the JAIN COMMISSION OF ENQUIRY. they even manipulated the recruitment systems to deny me the appointments in R.B.I.CURRENCY NOTE PRESS MYSORE, P.E.S. COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING MANDYA, N.I.E MYSORE , District Court Mysore & Illegally snatched away my job in RPG Cables Ltd , Mysore . they even tried to silence me by forcibly closing down my newspaper publications THE TESTUDO & VOICE OF CRUSADER.
my appeals for justice resulted only in police enquiries. the central intelligence bureau(I.B.) state intelligence & state police personnel enquired me exhaustively number of times, but they never did enquire the powers that be. any way these people don’t have practical powers to enquire such people. the highest constitutional functionaries who can order a proper enquiry, trial are keeping mum inspite of repeated appeals. probably they are acting under the directions of conspirators. thereby they are not only covering up the crime, they are actively sponsoring terrorism , but are also violating my fundamental/human rights & obstructing me from performing my fundamental duties as a citizen of india.
Kejriwal’s latest: Reliance blackmailing govt, Mukesh Ambani running India
NEW DELHI: S Jaipal Reddy was axed as petroleum minister for refusing a Mukesh Ambani-led Reliance Industries’ proposal to hike charges of gas it supplied to state-run power plants, India Against Corruption’s Arvind Kejriwal charged on Wednesday, demanding that the Krishna Godavari basin allotted to the company be taken back.
“Mukesh Ambani is running the country it seems,” Kejriwal told the media here. “Jaipal Reddy was removed as he refused to hike the charges levied by Reliance Industries to supply gas to the NTPC (National Thermal Power Corp).”
Reliance called the charges “irresponsible”.
According to Kejriwal, the KG basin was awarded to Reliance in 2000 by the NDA government when the company agreed to supply gas to the NTPC for the next 17 years at $2.34 per unit.
But, said Kejriwal, the company revised the rate to $4.25 per unit in 2007 which then finance minister Pranab Mukherjee agreed to as the head of an empowered group of ministers.
“The entire contract was meant to benefit Reliance because … the cost would be determined by the company, and if the cost increases, so will the profit,” he said, adding this was unheard of in business.
The company, he said, revised the rate to $4.2 per unit in 2007, which then finance minister Pranab Mukherjee agreed to as head of an empowered group of ministers, benefiting Reliance to the tune of Rs.10,000 crore.
Kejriwal alleged that in 2006 then petroleum minister Mani Shankar Iyer was removed and Murli Deora brought in to increase Reliance Industries’ capital expenditure from $2.39 billion to $8.8 billion, and to hike gas price from $2.34 per unit to $4.2 per unit.
Later, the company wanted the rate further hiked to $14.2. Jaipal Reddy, who reportedly did not agree to the proposal, was shunted out in Sunday’s cabinet rejig, said the activist-politician.
Kejriwal released to the media a “secret” document of the petroleum ministry that said that accepting the Reliance demand would generate for it an additional profit of Rs 43,000 crore ($8.5 billion).
“In order to pressurize the government, RIL substantially reduced its production of natural gas,” a statement from India Against Corruption said.
“Production has been artificially kept low to blackmail the government. They are not just hoarding the gas but also forcing various consumers to buy gas from abroad.”
When Reliance sought Prime Minister Manmohan Singh’s intervention, he asked the attorney general to find out if the gas prices should be hiked or not.
“Why did the PM not show similar concern when NTPC was forced to accept higher gas price from RIL? Why is the PM not pulling up Reliance for not producing gas as per their commitment? Why did the PM not seek legal opinion when the country’s interests were at stake?”
Kejriwal, who was flanked by fellow activists Prashant Bhushan and Manish Sisodia, demanded that Reliance Industries’ “blackmailing” should be immediately stopped.
“Their KG Basin contract should be cancelled. The government should immediately put in place adequate systems to get full production from KG Basin at the cheapest price for the country.”
The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) asked the prime minister to respond to IAC and explain why Jaipal Reddy was dropped from the petroleum ministry.
“Is it any malfunction in the ministry that has persuaded Manmohan Singh to effect this change? Or is that Jaipal Reddy was not found a ‘convenient’ minister? Or is this another example of corporate interests taking precedence over national good?” BJP leader Jaswant Singh asked.
After taking on Congress president Sonia Gandhi’s son-in-law Robert Vadra and BJP president Nitin Gadkari, anti-corruption activist-turned-politician Arvind Kejriwal on Wednesday charged Mukesh Ambani, India’s richest man and chairman of Reliance Industries Limited (RIL), with getting undue
• Cong slams IAC over RIL allegations, questions source of funding
• RIL denies IAC allegations, says chargess made at ‘behest of vested interests’
• BJP to govt: Was Jaipal shifted to benefit RIL?
favours from the government over a contract to develop natural gas fields.
The allegations pertain to RIL’s D-6 block in the Krishna Godavari (KG) basin, India’s largest gas producing field off the eastern coast in Andhra Pradesh, which is being jointly developed by RIL and its partners, Britain’s BP and Canadian firm Niko Resources.
Kejriwal and his colleague, lawyer Prashant Bhushan, termed the deal a “classic case of crony capitalism” and said both the BJP-led National Democratic Alliance (NDA) and Congress-led UPA (United Progressive Alliance) governments were responsible for RIL getting this contract.
The contract, signed in 2000 by the then NDA government, according to Kejriwal, would rob the national exchequer of revenues to the tune of Rs. 45,000 crore if RIL’s demands for a higher price for its gas were met.
The government has not decided yet on a demand by RIL to raise the price of gas from the field to $14.25 per unit from $4.25, the subject of a long-running controversy.
In a brief statement, RIL dismissed the charges as being “devoid of any truth or substance”.
“Irresponsible allegations made by IAC at the behest of vested interests without basic understanding of the complexities of a project of this nature do not merit a response,” it added.
Petroleum minister Veerappa Moily refused to comment.
“I have better things to do,” he said.
“I don’t want to respond.”
The press conference also witnessed high drama when a Congress worker wanted to question Kejriwal, but was heckled by camerapersons and IAC volunteers, and forced to leave the venue.
Kejriwal based his attack on the government and RIL on the so-called ‘Radia tapes’, a collection of phone taps from between 2007 and 2009 in one of which someone thought to be former prime minister Atal Behari Vajpayee’s son-in-law Ranjan Bhattacharya is heard telling RIL and Tata Group’s corporate lobbyist Niira Radia that Ambani had told him that “Congress to apni dukaan hai”.
The unearthing of the Radia tapes had triggered accusations of corporate influence in the distribution of ministers’ portfolios in the UPA’s second term.
On Wednesday, Kejriwal gave this accusation fresh legs by linking Jaipal Reddy’s removal from the petroleum ministry on Sunday to his run-ins with RIL over the pricing of gas.
He also gave a populist spin to his allegations by linking the government’s restriction on the supply of cheap LPG cylinders to the public to the high profits being allowed to RIL.
“We want to know why the PM’s heart beats only for RIL. Why did he not seek the attorney general’s opinion when NTPC was not getting gas at cheap rates?” Kejriwal said.
State-run National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC) had sought cheaper gas to fire its power plants.
* In 2006, Mani Shankar Iyer was removed and Murli Deora brought in to increase RIL capex from $ 2.39 billion to $ 8.8 billion and to increase gas price from $2.34 per mmBTU to $ 4.2 per mmBTU
* In 2012, Jaipal Reddy has been removed and Moily brought in to increase gas prices from $ 4.2 per mmBTU to $ 14.2 mmBTU and to condone RIL’s blackmailing of reducing gas production
* Both BJP and Congress involved. BJP signed a sweet deal with RIL in 2000. Congress faithfully implemented it
* If RIL demand of increasing the gas price to $ 14.2 is accepted, it would lead to shut down of several gas based power plants and increase in power and fertilizer prices
* By this deal, RIL would benefit by an additional Rs. 43,000 crore
* In Nira Radiia tapes, Ranjan Bhattacharya (Vajpayee’s son in law) is heard telling Nira that Mukesh Ambani told him –“Congress to ab apni dukaan hai”
* Huge benefits given to RIL in last one decade despite flagrant violations of various agreements by RIL. Benefits to RIL causing serious price rise in the country.
* “In order to pressurize the government, RIL substantially reduced its production of natural gas. Total consumption of natural gas in the country is 156 mmscmd. According to agreement, RIL was supposed to produce 80mmscmd (more than 50% of the total demand) from 2009.”
* “RIL got this contract during NDA regime in the year 2000. The contract was meant to favor RIL right from the beginning. In any business, increase in costs means decrease in profits.”
The IAC press release alleged that performance of RIL so far has been much worse than perhaps the worst performing government department.
1. 4 times cost escalation within 2 years from $ 2.39 billion in 2004 to $ 8.8 billion in 2006.
2. Increase in gas price from $ 2.34 per mmBTU in 2004 to $ 4.2 per mmBTU in 2007 to the present demand of $ 14.2 per mmBTU.
3. Capacity created for producing 80 mmscmd after incurring such a huge cost ends up producing just 27 mmscmd after 12 years.
4. 31 oil wells should have been in production till now. Out of them, just 13 are functional.
Kejriwal and lawyer Prashant Bhushan, a leading member of IAC, alleged the allocation of KG Basin to Reliance is on similar lines as coal block allocation scam. They alleged both Congress and BJP were in ‘Ambani’s pocket’.
QUESTIONS FOR MONEY – PARLIAMENTARY ACTS/LEGISLATIONS FOR ???? -improper functioning of democracy in india
the vohra committee report has proved the criminalisation of politics in india. There are many number of criminals in the parliament & state legislatures. Some of those criminals are cabinet ministers as well as members of vital parliamentary committees. Thereby, they are in a position to manipulate , enact laws favouring , benefitting the criminals their cronies.
Just see how the GOI gave export incentive of Rs.1800 crore to reliance petroleum although it didn’t even export a barrel. Reliance infocom & tata teleservices were CDMA mobile service providers & have paid license fee of few crores only equal to landline fees without any competitive bidding . They were supposed to provide mobile service to operate like fixed phones within a radius of 40k.m. however they were providing service like mobile service from one state to another like GSM mobile service providers. By this act of RIC & TTSL , the GSM providers who have paid thousands of license fee in competitive bidding were economically hurt , the dispute went to court. The court was on the verge of pronouncing it’s verdict awarding damages worth Rs.18000 crore to GSM players & Rs. 3000 crore of license fees with penalty to GOI. The government announced a unified telecom license regime with retrospective effect. Thereby, the GOI lost thousands of crores of rupees & the share holders of GSM players lost thousands of crores. Onceagain the RIC was charged by PSU bsnl THAT RELIANCE IS RE-ROUTING INTERNATIONAL CALLS AS LOCAL CALLS & SWINDLING THE GOI. This time too, GOI bailed it out. during the dispute between ambani brothers the younger ambani mr. Anil ambani director of reliance himself has stated that for the favours received from the GOI , the company gifted some shares to then IT & COMMUNICATIONS MINISTER mr. Pramod mahajan.
Various indian & multinational companies are looting indian exchequer to the tune of thousands of crores of rupees , through lobbying / bribing.
In india, indirect democracy is the form of governance. In this form, people’s representatives are bound to raise the questions , issues concerning their constituents on their behalf , on the floor of the house. However the sad part in india even after 58 years of democracy , is the lobbying is at it’s peak. The lobbying is a gentleman’s white collared crook’s way of forming favour seeker’s group , creating a corpus to pay lumpsum bribe & influencing decision making. The people’s representatives are bound to represent their people first , then their party & party think tanks. India has come to this sorry state of affairs , widespread corruption , huge black economy & rampant poverty, all due to inefficient legislations & enforcements. These think tanks & IAS lobby, consider themselves as most super brains on earth & gives out suggestions . the present state of affairs is a barometer of their brilliance. These think tanks & IAS lobby are the hand maidens of lobbyists / bribers.
REAL STORY OF Late DHIRUBHAI AMBANI of Reliance Industries
Another Major Scam : Govt. Favours Reliance In KG Basin
The CAG draft report that nails the connivance between Government agencies and Reliance Industries Ltd. leading to huge losses to the Government exchequer is yet another example of the power of corporates in the UPA Government to subvert rules and regulations in their favour.
The CAG has noted that the former Director-General of Hydrocarbons (DGH) permitted Reliance to inflate its “development costs” on the gas extraction in the D6 block of KG basin from 2.47 billion dollars to a whopping 8.84 billion dollars. This money taken by RIL affected the revenues of the Government. Government should prosecute the former DGH without any delay.
The Government’s connivance with RIL has a direct impact on the aam aadmi because increased claims of development cost get reflected in the price of gas given to consumers and also affect the prices of fertilizer and power. Letters have been written to the Prime Minister to institute an independent enquiry into the complaint of artificial jacking up of the capital expenditure by RIL for D6 KG Basin and its hasty approval by the concerned authority to find out the actual cost before gas price is fixed.
In a repeat of the 2-G scam, the Prime Minister’s silence on the issue, has again exposed the UPA Government’s acquiescence to corporate manipulation.
1. The Great Billion Dollar Drug Scam
2. Supreme Snub : Court SIT A Major Embarrassment For Govt
3. Now A Petroleum Scam?
4. The -Reliance KG Gas Scam Prabir Purkayastha, Newsclick
5. Way to Rural Self Reliance: National Rural Livelihoods Mission (NRLM)
6. Demand For JPC On Spectrum Scam :Go Beyond Rhetoric
7. THE ADARSH SOCIETY SCAM A Shocking Exposure of Congress govt Venality – Ashok Dhawale
8. SUPREME COURT VERDICT ON KG BASIN GAS -Dipankar Mukherjee
9. AMBANIS ROW : GOVT HAS LAST WORD ON KG BASIN GAS PRICE : SC
10. POOL PRICING FOR KG BASIN GAS TO HARM ANDHRA PRADESH INTERESTS
11. PRODUCTION OF GAS IN KG BASIN
12. FINDINGS OF ICAI IN SATYAM SCAM CASE
Edited, printed , published owned by NAGARAJA.M.R. @ #LIG-2 / 761,HUDCO FIRST STAGE ,OPP WATER WORKS , LAXMIKANTANAGAR , HEBBAL ,MYSORE – 570017INDIA… cell :09341820313
home page : http://groups.yahoo.com/group/naghrw , http://groups.google.co.in/group/hrwepaper / , http://sites.google.com/site/sosevoiceforjustice / , https://evoiceofhumanrightswatch.wordpress.com / , http://indiapolicelaw.blogspot.com / , http://naghrw.tripod.com/evoice/ ,
Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com