e –Voice Of Human Rights Watch – e-news weekly
Spreading the light of humanity & freedom
Editorial : Raid by Karnataka lokayukta on police officials
– seizure of crores worth illegal wealth
KINDLY REVIEW ALL THE PREVIOUS OFFICIAL ACTIONS OF THESE CORRUPT OFFICIALS AS THERE ARE EVERY POSSIBILITY OF INNOCENTS SUFFERRING INJUSTICES & RICH CRIMINALS GOING SCOT FREE.
in our neighbourhood , in our society private sector employees earning rs.10000 monthly income are finding it hard to meet ends , whereas many of the government officials earning lesser salary than that are leading luxurious lifestyles , how ?
recently in the last week Karnataka lokayukta raided , seized illegal wealth of corrupt police , transport officials. The corruption is wide spread in public service including Karnataka lokayukta , central vigilance commission & CBI itselves. In 2006, when Karnataka lokayukta arrested 5 corrupt police officials & taking them in police jeep , 2 corrupt police officials escaped like petty criminals in cinematic manner.
There are vast number of corrupt public servants who are continuing their crimes unabetted due to their sharing arrangements with their higher ups. Only a minute number of corrupt are being booked, by the efforts of honest few in Karnataka lokayukta , CVC & CBI . The paradox is that the government instead of legally prosecuting those criminals – corrupt officials , is sitting over their files for years & have reinstated , promoted tainted officials.
Why do rich people / criminals pay bribe to police ? definitely not for charity , but not to mention their names in the FIR , to let them continue their crimes unabetted , to suppress evidences / witnesses , not to make their arrests , to conduct improper investigations , to close a case with B report , not to produce evidences / witnesses before the court , to fix-up poor innocents , to force the poor innocents to do the bidding of rich criminals , etc .
As a result of these sell out of police duties , rich criminals are going scot free , poor innocents are suffering in jail & corrupt police are amassing illegal wealth.
In the same way corrupt health department officials / doctors are selling out post mortem reports , medical certificates for a price , giving out certificates of legal compliance to adulterated food / medicine manufacturers , thereby killing thousands of people in their selfish greed to make more money.
The labour / pollution control board officials are selling out certicates , to criminal industrialists who are indulging in unfair labour practices , occupational hazards , thereby killing poor people , in their greed to make a fortune.
The tax officials are making lesser / favourable tax assessments favouring industrialists /traders for a price, aiding them to evade tax. As a result the public exchequer is loosing money , for it’s social welfare , defence , other programmes. The ill-gotten wealth of industrialists / traders ie BLACK MONEY is disturbing our national economy & finding it’s way to underworld , mafia & terrorist outfits.
The corrupt police , tax officials , public servants are worse parasites than britishers . the threat & damge to india’s security , integrity is more from these criminals – corrupt public servants than from USA , CHINA or PAKISTAN.
God save my country . jai hind. Vande mataram.
AN APPEAL TO HONOURABLE KARNATAKA LOKAYUKTA , CENTAL VIGILANCE COMMISSIONER & DIRECTOR CENTRAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION
Hereby , we do call upon Karnataka lokayukta , central vigilance commission & CBI
- To stop accepting all government officials reports , reports as sacrosanct documents , most truthful evidences.
- to publish wealth details of it’s own staff & all public servants department wise annually with provision for cross verification by public.
- to make it mandatory for all public servants including judges , constitutional functionaries to submit annual wealth statements on affidavit & to make it public with provision for cross verification by public.
- to initiate legal action for those giving false statements on affidavit.
- the corrupt public servants who intentionally give false information or hide information under one pretext or the other while information is sought under RTI Act , all with a view to hide crimes must be legally prosecuted as criminals as in normal legal recourse persons who help criminals in destroying evidences , crimes are prosecuted.
- the corrupt officials don’t leave evidences in open. Their higher ups who have taken kick backs from their corrupt subordinate always give a favourable report about him. So, during legal prosecution those reports must not be relied upon. In fact , there is a gross mismatch between government reports & ground reality. Take for example , in mysore construction is going on in INFOSYS campus on huge scale . most of the construction workers are not even covered by statuotary requirement of ESI , PF. The occupational hazards are more , accidents are common place , recently even deaths of workers have occurred due to occupational hazards . in the media also it was reported , in the media report it was even mentioned that vijayanagar police have registered a case & investigating. However when the information about it was sought from labour commissioner of Karnataka as per RTI Act , assistant labour commissioner of mysore has stated that no occupational deaths have taken place in either 2006 or 2007. SEE THE GROUND REALITY IS DIFFERENT WHEREAS THE GOVERNMENT RECORD , LABOUR DEPARTMENT RECORDS SING A DIFFERENT TUNE. THE FAILURE IN OUR DEMOCRACY IS THAT THESE FAKE RECORDS , STATEMENTS OF GOVERNMENT OFFICIALS ARE TAKEN AS ULTIMATE TRUTH BY COURTS OF LAW & PROSECUTING AUTHORITIES. I can give more actual examples like this.
- so , involve public in the inspection teams , raiding parties of tax department , labour department , excise department , drugs control , weights & measures , etc. these public can put a check to the corrupt practices , fake records of these corrupt government officials.
- kindly do remember that in 2006-07 , a corrupt judge was exposed by media efforts. The said corrupt judge in his urgency to collect bribe has not even looked at the INTENDED PERSONS TO BE ARRESTED & blindly signed the copies of arrest warrant . the arrest warrant was against H.E . PRESIDENT OF INDIA , HONOURABLE CHIEF JUSTICE OF INDIA & HONOURABLE PRIME MINISTER OF INDIA. As in the normal working of government machinery if it was pursued , president of India , chief justice of India & prime minister of India should have been arrested. Technically speaking it was right. However common sense prevailed & the higher judiciary took appropriate action as the issue concerned VVIPs. Normally our courts of law , authorities work without common sense like horses of horse cart whose eyes are partially covered allowing only narrow vision , just by relying on government reports , records of corrupt public servants. The courts , authorities just functions by technicalities. This must stop for the sake of justice , fairness.
- when a public makes complaint to Karnataka lokayukta , CVC or CBI about corrupt practices of a public servant , they must stop relying on the legal opinion of it’s own advocates as they just rely on government records. Take for example the wrong legal opinion of legal expert of Karnataka lokayukta. The lokayukta has legal jurisdiction to inquire into all Karnataka state government institutions & organizations funded , supported by government of Karnataka. There are other examples where In Karnataka lokayukta has taken action against employees of Karnataka government aided institutions . The PES COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING mandya is funded & aided by government of Karnataka , but when we made a complaint regarding corruption in that institution , the legal expert of Karnataka lokayukta gave his expert opinion that the said institution is out of lokayukta’s legal jurisdiction , so no action is called for . based on this opinion Karnataka lokayukta rejected my complaint. Some of these legal experts are indirectly covering up criminals , stop relying on their expert opinions.
- when a complaint is given to Karnataka lokayukta , CVC or CBI they in turn ask the complainant himself for supporting evidences , records. The government has given them vast police force to enforce law , to inquire & to collect evidences. How can a commoner can collect evidences , the criminal don’t leave evidences in open , all the commoner can do is make complaint regarding the injustices he has suffered. The complaints must be accepted & inquired into with or without evidences , lack of evidences should not be the sole reason for dismissal of complaint as presently Karnataka lokayukta , CVC & CBI are doing .
- review all the past official decisions of corrupt officials apprehended by Karnataka lokayukta , CVC & CBI. As there are possibilities of innocents suffering injustices & rich criminals going scot free.
Edited, printed , published owned by NAGARAJ.M.R. @ #LIG-2 / 761,HUDCO FIRST STAGE ,OPP WATER WORKS , LAXMIKANTANAGAR , HEBBAL ,MYSORE ………. 570017 INDIA……………………cell :09341820313
home page : http://groups.yahoo.com/group/naghrw, http://groups.google.co.in/group/hrwepaper/,
https://evoiceofhumanrightswatch.wordpress.com/ , http://indiapolicelaw.blogspot.com/ ,http://hrwpaper.blogspot.com/ , http://naghrw.tripod.com/evoice/
contact : email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org
A member of AMNESTY INTERNATIONAL INDIA